Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:27:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mesa3 on alpha

> I think that the right way to go here is to change system compilers to
> something more modern but that would be fairly hard :-)  How hard would it
> be to make Mesa3 depend on the egcs port?

I don't know.  Doe the C++ include path still get set back to the
system compiler instead of the correct ports compiler directory
if "DESTDIR" is set?

I haven't seen any commits to the .mk files to change the stupid
assumptions from last year that the compilation environment has
a dependency on the host environment (which it doesn't) and instead
depends on the target (which it does).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---