Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 07:39:37 -0800
From:      "Micheal Blackthorne" <blackthorne@utah-inter.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>

I am very new to FreeBSD and have been trying for some time to get it
working on a spare PC of mine.  The problem is that it appears that I
complete the installation of FreeBSD only to reboot and find myself at a
"Boot:" prompt.  After waiting for a few seconds at this prompt it
automatically scrolls the screen displaying "Invalid Format!" and then the
same information which appears to be a command options list for the "Boot:"
prompt.  I have already contacted freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG and the
individual that responded was not able to resolve the problem.  He in turn
suggested I contact freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG.  They in turn were mostly
rude and referred me to this list.  The version of FreeBSD that I am trying
to install is:

CD_VERSION = 3.0-19990209-STABLE

I made the CD myself, by downloading the files under the -STABLE section.
If needed I can provide a listing of the CD.

Here is a list of the hardware on the system:

486 DX/2 66 Mhz
8 Megs ram
240 Meg HD
1.44 Meg 3 1/2
8x Mitsumi CD-Rom
Realtek VGA 1 Meg
8019 ISA Ethernet Controller
ALS120 PnP Sound Card
and other minor peripherals (mouse, keyboard, etc)