Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:07:01 -0400
From:      "Bryan Dina" <bdina@seresc.net>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba print server

What do I need to do to get a samba print server up and running?

I have an epson color stylus 440 connected to /dev/lpt0

I have installed apsfilter

I have successfully printed locally using the apsfilter test page print, and
sending a text file to lpr.

I have attempted many times to set up a printer share from samba, but I
always get an error message when trying to access the printer from my
windows box, I get:

Access denied, unable to connect

as an error message.  Here is my current config for samba:

[global]
        netbios name = GATEWAY
        server string = FreeBSD Samba server
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        os level = 34
        hosts allow = 192.168.0. localhost
[epson]
        path = /var/spool/lpd/epson
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes

I am logged in as administrator to the windows box, and am connected to my
home directory through samba for file sharing, I also created an identical
account on the windows box with the same user/password as in FreeBSD, still
the same error message.  Can anyone help?

-Bryan