Date:      07 Jan 2003 18:40:05 +0000
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        Roine Thunberg <artee@astrakan.hig.se>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: font failure in X

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 13:25, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 02:46:49 +0100 (MET)
> Roine Thunberg <artee@astrakan.hig.se> wrote:
>
> > I recently installed 5.0-RC2 and X from ports and some programs too.
> >
> > Now I have trouble with huge font sizes. Mainly in webbrowsers. But it's
> > only some kind of fonts. I just can't find the options and I can't see any
> > logs telling me what's wrong. Seems like the fonts use the size 100
> > instead of 10 or 12 that they normally do... suggestions ?
>
> Sometimes I get this too. I restart X or have to reboot then and
> everything goes back to normal operation.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

One thing good might be to check your DisplaySize (grep Display
/var/log/XFree86.0.log), since your DPI is calculated from that and
things are using the DPI to calculate font sizes more and more.  For
some reason it's probed wrong on my system (2500mm x 2500mm or some
such).  Adding the following line to my XF86Config's Monitor section
fixed it.
 	DisplaySize 310 270

If this is the problem, could you tell me what card you're using?