Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:38:17 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Corey Ralph <corey.ralph@datafast.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind problems

Corey Ralph wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem with one of my nameservers since upgrading bind
> after the advisory last week.
>
> It runs slave for all our zones.  It has stopped updating its zone
> files.  Doing it manually using /usr/libexec/named-xfer works fine.

	Have you checked the files it downloads this way for syntax errors? What
happens if you try loading the zones after you download them by hand? BIND
8.2.3 and 9.1.* are much pickier about zone file syntax, so chances are
that either the master nameservers are no longer authoritative for the
zones, or your slave server won't load them because they contain syntax
errors. Without knowing more details it's impossible to tell for sure.

Good luck,

Doug
--
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory . . . lasts forever."
        -- Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in "The Replacements"