Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 1995 09:43:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        ugen@latte.worldbank.org (Ugen J.S.Antsilevich)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal emulation weirdness ...

> >Two ways -- I've done both on my HP systems:
> >
> >1 -- add the cons25 termcap and terminfo to the HP.  Syscons looks like Ansi
> >     which is NOT an exact vt100.  You can also use ansi as your hp termcap
> >     which may work ok.  I've done both on HP-UX systems running 9.x.
> Wrong..this is pretty strange but if i even copy the whole termcap from
> FreeBSD to SUN and set terminal to be cons25, some programms
> like ircII behave very oddly , like scrolling is not working (so all new strings
> just overwrite the last one) etc....

If you're talking SYSV machines -- you better do the TERMINFO as well.
Some are linked against termcap and some terminfo.

vi in SysV uses TERMINFO!

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter        | The postmaster always pings twice.
 Lakewood MicroSystems               | 17 Meredith Drive,
 908-389-3592                        | Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
 pechter@shell.monmouth.com          |