Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:49:42 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/17265: New port devel/tmake

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 06:33:59PM +0100, Roland Jesse wrote:
> By setting TMAKEPATH accordingly. ;) No, seriously, it is especially
> useful in case the installation directory is shared (using nfs) by
> different machines. At the installations I know that is pretty common
> practice. Other than that they might be specifically useful for
> educational purposes. IMHO it is tmake's main characteristic to be
> useful for development on more than one platform. Personally, I deem
> that reason enough to keep the other configuration directories.

Ok, this sounds reasonable to me. You should have checks for NOPORTDOCS or
similar in case someone does not want the extra configuration files, etc.

> In case you take them out, I would suggest to remove the freebsd-g++
> directory and put the files directly into share/tmake. Otherwise we
> end up with only one subdirectory in there.

I'm not a committer. Someone else would do this, but if I were to commit
this for you, I would take your advice. :-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>