Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 11:23:54 -0700
From:      Brandon Huey <brandon@epigram.com>
To:        MetcalJM@utrc.utc.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: Are 3COM 3C90x Ethernet adapters supported?

We discovered that while the card is not explicitly supported, the 59x
drivers at least recognize the card and it is useable. However, upon
swithing to a supported card (Intel EtherExpress) we found that our nasty
amd problems just went away. That's all there was to it.

I think it would be good if the driver could make specific attempts to _not_
support anything other than 59x. But, there's no excuse for not reading the
documentation closely :-)

--
Brandon Huey                          brandon@epigram.com
Epigram, Inc.                           +1 415 843 4487