Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 00:38:37 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi editor behaving like a bad boy...

It's always worked fine for me . . . something odd is going on.

You say that "i" doesn't work???

That's really fundamental.

So you say "vi foo" and then hit "i" . . . it doesn't go into inert mode?

What *does* it do?

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 12:21 am, Roberto Armenteros wrote:
| I started using vi in linux and it became my favorite
| text editor. Now, in my two installations of freeBSD
| vi is practically impossible to use. The most basic
| shorcuts like pressing i or insert to start typing
| dont work. I always end up screwing up the texts i
| open with vi. I really dont know what is causing this
| problem. Is it a configuration problem? In linux vi
| would work perfectly from the default installation,
| isnt it so in freebsd? I would appreciate any input in
| this matter.
|
|    Thanks a lot,  Roberto Armenteros...

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go