Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:54:45 +0200
From:      Oscar I Lepe <oscar@ac.upc.es>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   On the net.link.generic.ifdata sysctl node

Hi!
I would like to read the value of if_snd.ifq_drops for the configured
interfaces. I read through the source code (net/if_mib.c) and find out
that this should be possible by means of the net.link.generic.ifdata
sysctl node. But when I use the sysctl command I get the following

$ sysctl net.link.generic
net.link.generic.system.ifcount: 12
$ sysctl net.link.generic.ifdata
$ sysctl net.link.generic.ifdata.0
sysctl: unknown oid 'net.link.generic.ifdata.0'

Would someone give me some insights about why this isn't working?

Is there some other way to read the vale of if_snd.ifq_drops for the
configured interfaces?

Thanks in advance!

 0 0 0  Oscar-Ivan Lepe-Aldama     |     UPC-Campus Nord, DAC
 0 0 0  e-mail: oscar@ac.upc.es    |     Modul D6, despatx 116
 0 0 0  phone:  +34 93 401 7187    |     Jordi Girona, 1-3
 U P C  fax:    +34 93 401 7055    |     08034 Barcelona - SPAIN
        WWW:    http://www.ac.upc.es/homes/oscar/