Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:01:11 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Plan to incorporate chapter 2 of the 4.4BSD book

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 11:11:05AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 05:10:04PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > A draft copy of the chapter of the 4.4BSD book which we've been given
> > permission to reproduce is available for examination at:
> >
> > 	http://www.freebsd.org/~sheldonh/design44bsd/

<snip>

> I've only just seen this.  Can you give me a day or two to take a look at
> it.

Done that now.  Hmm.  I don't see this as being Handbook material.  At
least, not new user material.  It's interesting from a historical
perspective, but the information about how the system is seen from the
kernels point of view isn't really important for a new user.

Or, for that matter, for your average system admin (IMHO -- people can
shout at me and tell me I'm completely wrong about that bit).

We could bring it in as an article, and link to it.  I also think it
might make a good appendix to the proposed Developer Handbook.

Thoughts?