Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:59:55 -0400
From:      "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
To:        Adam K Kirchhoff <akirchhoff135014@comcast.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>, Adam K Kirchhoff <adam.k.kirchhoff@gmail.com>, =?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVuIFDDqWRyb24=?= <dumbbell@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New AMD drm code

--Sig_/RFD5/Op4PThc1MHPGhbD4dF

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:13:45 -0400 Adam K Kirchhoff <akirchhoff135014@comca=
st.net> wrote:

> Thanks, that got it working.  I haven't had a chance to actually test
> anything that uses DRI, but the module loads:
>=20

Sorry, been a bit busy this week.

There are a bunch of of memory leaks in the code as it is at
the moment.  I suspect you have noticed that the server gets slow
and eventually stops.  If you haven't, try opening two xterms.
Run "top" in one.  Run "ls -l /usr/local/bin" a few times in the
other.  Observe the Wired and Free counts in the top display.
(It's probably a good idea to reboot before either runs out.)

Earlier this week I fixed all the Wired page leaks and sent
that patch to dumbbell@.  It's not committed yet, though.

I have also just fixed a bunch of places where a null pointer is
freed and I've fixed a couple of the Free page leaks too. I'll be
sending an updated patch to dumbbell tomorrow evening.

With any luck, dumbbell will have time to commit some of these
patches to the git repo soon.  Maybe this weekend.

There are fifteen major leaks remaining, although some of these
may be related to one another.  I.e., there may be <=3D 15 bugs
still to find.

It'd be great to have others help track some of these leaks down.
My time will be limited next week.  The codepaths here are rather
convoluted, so it's a bit time-consuming.  I have a lot of trace
info about which mallocs are being leaked that I can send to
anyone who can help.

	-jr