Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:52:10 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel compile error with today's cvsup.

David,

I see it's already fixed so I'll assume that you no longer need the
compiler output.  I'm sorry that I didn't answer before but I just
checked my email and went to some meetings and am just getting back.

Thanks for your help,

ed

Quoting David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 05:53:59AM -0800, Edwin Culp wrote:
> > On my daily build, my kernels are broken as per log:
> >
> > ===> wi
> > cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PIII850N;
> MAKESRCPATH=/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm
> > make -
> > f /usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm/Makefile
> > Warning: Object directory not changed from original
> /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PIII850N
> > cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/include -I.    -c aicasm_gram.c
> > cc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory
> > cc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 1
>

> I need to see the output of ``/usr/bin/cc -print-search-dirs'' from the
> problematic compiler.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public.  - Theodore Roosevelt

---