Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 2010 08:22:22 -0600
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suitable laptop for FreeBSD?

--------------enigF8A90CF1E04BDCA1BCEB9F9B

On 03/03/10 16:15, Aaron Lewis wrote:
<snip>
> Here's some suggestions ,  don't choose ATI video cards.  ( No UNIX
> Drivers .. )
>=20
> Well , i'm on ThinkPad R400 , ATI Mobile HD 3400 and an integrated Vide=
> Card ,
> FBSD doesn't boot when i switched to ATI Video card.

Is this only true of more recent ATI devices, or is this only affecting
laptops with ATI cards? I only ask because I'm running an ATI card for
my desktop with no problems. If this is true for more recent ATI cards
only, this puts a crimp in my plans for my "super"-computer.

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscrib=
ed.