Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:24:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PR Submitted for vm_object_deallocate() panic

Hi...

	I just submitted a bug report for a vm_object_deallocate()
panic that just occurred on my machine, but I'm curious if anyone else
is having problems with getting a core dump under -stable?

	I'm using DDB to allow me to get a trace of the crash before it
reboots, and after typing panic at the ddb> prompt, it hangs while trying
to dump:

dumping to dev 401, offset 172032
dump 16 <-- hangs right here indefinitely

	The result is I get no core dump, and can't get any better debugging
information out of the kernel then a trace :(

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc