Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:14:08 -0700
From:      "Craig W. Shaver" <craig.shaver@corp.go.com>
To:        steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI

steinyv wrote:

> Please excuse me, but does a differential scsi card differ from a regular
> one, in what way?  Could I use them with FBSD?  What should I look out for?
> Thank You gurus
> :)

Differential has different signal characteristics. I am no expert, but
from what I know you can chain more scsi devices to a differential and
use longer cables without degradation of the signal. You have to use
different drives with it. Should be the same software driver as regular
scsi.

--
cshaver@infoseek.com (408)543-6451
Craig Shaver, Productivity Group