Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 96 8:48:02 MDT
From:      Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
To:        cmiller@canoga.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3 BSD

>      Hello;
>
>      I am new to the free BSD world. We have an embedded product that is
>      based off of 4.3 BSD. It turns out the 4.4 BSD structures are
>      different then the 4.3 BSD. Does anyone know where I could pick up the
>      4.3 BSD?

I suppose you could try UCB (Computer Science Department).  CSRG's
closed down, but somebody probably distributes the stuff.  The last
time I heard, they were selling the tapes for $1000.  Be prepared to
show your UNIX source license.  You'll also need a VAX to run it on.

Seriously, forget 4.3BSD.  It's obsolete, costs big bucks, and by
default it doesn't run on modern machines.  You'll be in a lot better
shape bringing your embedded product up to date.

Greg