Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 23:42:03 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Gray <bob@cs.colorado.edu>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5 RC1 testing, Linux compatability

--//h4sZKAxcnndsN6

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:15:25PM -0700, Robert Gray wrote:
> Linux mode is not enabled.
> link_elf: symbol seminfo undefined
> The linux kernel module could not be loaded.
> Please enable linxu mode manually and retry.

  Ok, I think we've resolved this.  We recently removed support for
SYSV semaphores from the boot kernel.  This exposed a bug in the Linux
module.  The Linux module is supposed to depend (and hence
automatically load) the sysvsem module, but that doesn't work on
-STABLE for the x86.  (It works in current and -STABLE for the Alpha).
We will make sure to fix this for RC2.  Thanks for finding this
important bug!

     - Murray

--//h4sZKAxcnndsN6

--//h4sZKAxcnndsN6--