Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:12:18 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: complaint

+----[ Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> (15.Mar.2005 17:21):

| Add 'WITHOUT_CUPS=yes' w/out quote in your make.conf. I have GNOME
| installed in my system and I don't even have any of CUPS installed. As for
| KDE, I have no idea if it has option but if it has then it should be same
| knob.

+----]

KDE can also be built without CUPS. Qt (x11-toolkits/qt33)
has a configurable option to turn CUPS off which can be
accessed by doing 'make configure' in the ports directory.
Or, you can just do 'make WITHOUT_CUPS=yes'.

And recently Michael Nottebrock has added a
x11/kdelibs-nocups slave port to be able to have a CUPS free
KDE environment. No need to rebuild all of kde, just
pkg_delete your kdelibs and install the -nocups port

I also use apsfilter.

Fernan