Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 1998 18:59:03 -0400
From:      chado@isupply.net
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   More Info on problem

Gents,

To recap problem:

System params:
ASUS P2L97 Series Main Board
Dual PII 300 mhz processors
512 MB RAM
IBM SCSI-Wide HD
3COM 10/100 PCI Ethernet Adapter ( 3C905B-TX )
Adaptec 2940 U2W Controller PCI SCSI - 2/3

Problem:
Whenever I boot into the visual kernel configuration and remove all
controllers except ahc it cannot find the hard drive when I go into the
novice install to fdisk the drive.  I'm not sure whether this is because it
cannot find the controller or the hard drive.

After searching through the FAQ and mailing list I found one article that
suggested to boot with the -c option and remove all controllers except the
ahc controller. Did that. Still couldn't find the hard drive.

So, as it was booting into the config mode I made a note of the messages
across the screen.  Here are two that I think are pertinent...and I think
one may also have to do with the Ethernet adapter.

PCI0: 9: vendor = 0x10b7 device = 09055 class = ethernet [no driver assigned]
PCI0: 11: vendor = 0x9005 device = 0x0010 class = storage ( scsi ) int a
irq 10 [no driver assigned]

Thats all I could find in the boot up sequencing messages...any ideas?  I'm
at a dead end and pretty much hosed with this great server ( That I refuse
to make a microsloth slave ).

Thanks for any leads, in advance,

JS
Jeff Shipper