Date:      Sun, 01 Feb 1998 10:12:25 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: kern/5616: sound_config.h has wrong default for SB16 high  DMA]

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently have two sound drivers :
> 1. Voxware 3.5
> 2. Luigi's snd driver
>
> We are trying to migrate to Luigi's snd driver due to its simplistic
> design and ease of maintainability.
>
> Development on Voxware 3.5 is secondary --- does not imply that is
> totally abandoned.

	Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

> Whats on 2.2.x is the Voxware 3.0 , giving the current direction I am not
> that inclined on supporting 2.2.x systems -- don't have time nor resources.

	Well, I can understand not wanting to make major changes, however we're
talking about one character. :)  It's a long-standing error that if
corrected will be very beneficial to the vast hordes who have an SB16 or
related card. It will also close the PR that mine was a duplicate for.
:)  In short, I feel like it's a change worth making, but the decision
is yours.

Thanks for your time,

Doug

--
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server.  5,120 clients and still growing.