Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 08:13:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        matt-freebsd@bawug.org
Cc:        e-masson@kisoft-services.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wi hostap mode supported cards list

In message: <20020502043110.J82882@moaner.org>
            Matt Peterson <matt-freebsd@bawug.org> writes:
: I hear rumors that older firmware builds don't always work well.

The 0.7 and 0.8.2 firmware cards I have and tried do not work well in
hostap mode.

: I have an updated wi(4) and wicontrol(8) man page diff in the works; I'm
: awaiting for Warner to cool down on the commits.

Yea, I'm working on that as time permits.

: Do note, while AP mode exists in -STABLE now, its still in the very
: early stages.  We've run into some compatibility issues (currently Cisco
: cards don't seem to assoicate correctly).

The cards that work with my WMP11 work great.  Those that don't
utterly fail.

Warner