Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 06:35:05 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenLDAP and Mozilla Messenger

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:06:32PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Does anybody know of a "GOOD" HOWTO to get Mozilla Messenger and=20
> OpenLDAP (2.2) to work well together [for addressbooks]?
>=20
> I have been searching for doco all day and I have downloaded schema and=
=20
> entered configurations to no avail.
>=20

I don't know about any howtos off-hand, but the #ldap channel on
irc.freenode.net was a good help to me.  I used the inetOrgPerson schema
which is the same schema for M$ Outlook, Pine, and several other mail
clients.  Also, for Mozilla to work, I needed to add the following line:

allow bind_v2

Other then that, I was able to add users just fine.
`
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>=20
> Tom Veldhouse

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C
=20

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH--