Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 11:38:32 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Angelo Turetta <aturetta@commit.it>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Incrementally building ports INDEX

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 12:22:08PM +0200, Angelo Turetta wrote:
> What the state-of-the-art tool used to build the INDEX/INDEX-5 file?
>=20
> Kris, how is it built on the package cluster?

Essentially just 'make index'.

Someone has an incremental index build tool in ports(see other reply),
but I haven't seen commits to this in quite a while so I don't know
whether it's not actively maintained or if it just works.  There are
many subtleties with incremental index building, and I haven't
evaluated this tool to see whether it handles them all or if it's just
"close enough for most people".

Kris

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--