Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 1995 08:46:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SimCity on 1.1.5.1 anybody?

> If the system call was 'stat' or 'lstat' the Netscape patches on
> ref.tfs.com should fix the problem.  That assumes you install both
> of them and not just the 'stat'.  You can check for the 'lstat'
> patch by trying to open a URL starting with "file:".  If NetScape
> blows chunks, you *don't* have the patch.

I've got the Netscape patches from Terry and put them up on

	http://bonkers.neosoft.com/netscape.html

These patches don't seem to entirely work for me... for some reason
Netscape 1.1 beta 3 still refuses to find XKeysymDB. They do allow
Netscape to run. If you have any ideas about convincing Netscape to
load the keysyms I'd appreciate it (the hints given in the file
don't work). Or if you have an older version of Netscape for BSD
(Netscape i386) I'd appreciate a copy.