Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:36:34 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Yonny Cardenas B." <y-carden@uniandes.edu.co>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache with php

On Sun, Feb 22, 1998 at 08:48:31AM -0500, Yonny Cardenas B. wrote:
> Hello
>
> I download the port for apache-php, but it give me
> [...]
> What I need do ?

Sorry, had no time to continue work on it.

Start with apache or apache-ssl port.

Do a "make extract patch configure"

Manually cd into work/apache-x.y.z/src

extract the php package of your choice in this directory.
Please note: there exists a 2.x and 3.x version.
Read the informations from php's website, to determine,
which version is the correct one for you ...

cd php-"version"

Build php library and object files. Follow the instructions in
the readme's ...

Edit the Configuration.tmpl and Makefile.in (if I remember right)
files. Don't build the apache binary in this directory, otherwise
you don't get the config paths right.

Change into the ports home dir /usr/ports/www/apache,
and do there "make all". In case of trouble check for library
paths, header file paths in Makefile and re-try by building it
again from /usr/ports/www/apache...

Sounds difficult, but is possible.

	Andreas ///

--