Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Getting 'find' to stop finding

I am writing a little shell script. I would like 'find' to stop searching
after it finds it's first match. I don't see any incantation in 'man find'
that can do this.

Specifically, I am iterating on this command several-teen times and it is
taking WAAAY too long. :)

	find /usr/ports -name SomeInstalledPort -type d
	cp -R /usr/ports/SomeInstalledPort SomeVeryCoolDir

What can I use to do the same function as 'find' that will stop searching
after a match?

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/