Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 10:28:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP OmniBook 4100

In article <200102030219.SAA15733.kithrup.freebsd.mobile@kithrup.com> you write:
>Well, they didn't work, so here they are.  First the boot -v output:

An update on this:

I now have sound working ("options PNPBIOS; device pcm" did the trick).  As
for the built-in mouse... it is only the nipple-mouse that doesn't work; the
trackpad works, and so does using an extern mouse.  (The problem is that I
really love the nipple mouse :).)

_However_, it is broken the same way under Win95, which makes me believe it is
a hardware issue.  Since the keyboard is also misbehaving slightly, maybe,
that could be it.  And one nice thing about the HP laptops is they have a
three year warranty.  (Unfortunately, we don't have any spares at work right
now, and when we do, it'll most likely not be another 4100.)

Next step:  wirless networking!  (The whole reason for the upgrade in the
first place :).)