Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:18:33 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade and Optparse

Scott Gerhardt wrote:

> Quandry:
>
> My portupgrade et.al. Does not work with the following error:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:34:in `require': No such file to load --
> optparse (LoadError)
>         from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:34
>

> The "pkgdb -F" indicated that ruby-optparse was obsoleted or no longer
> required so I removed it.  Apparently that was a mistake since portupgrade
> requires "optparse" and does not work now.
>
> I though reinstalling ruby-optparse would fix the problem but ruby-optparse
> does not seem to be in the ports tree anymore, what happened to it?

Portupgrade has been simplfied. The list now looks like

coral# search portupgrade
Port:   portupgrade-20020805
Info:   Very powerful FreeBSD ports/packages upgrading tool and more
Maint:  knu@FreeBSD.org
Index:  sysutils
B-deps: ruby-1.6.7.2002.07.15
R-deps: pkg_tarup-1.2_3 ruby-1.6.7.2002.07.15 ruby-bdb1-0.1.7
ruby-shim-ruby18-1.7.2.2002.07.31

> Suggestions?

Upgrade to the 805 version. You may have to cvsup and if you do, you
will have to run portsdb -uU to update your INDEX.* files.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA