Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 10:31:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Joe Kirby" <joek@prismnet.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw dummynet bandwidth issues

I am currently running "traffic shapers" for a wireless network. The
shapers contain about 50 - 100 customers. All we shape is bandwidth to
adjust for billing. The problem that I am having is that the bandwidth on
the customers end seems to be very low on the upload side. Below are all
of my configs.

sysctl.conf

#security.bsd.see_other_uids=0

net.inet.ip.fw.verbose=1
net.inet.ip.fw.verbose_limit=10
net.link.ether.bridge.enable=1
net.link.ether.bridge.config=fxp0:0,fxp1:0

net.link.ether.bridge.ipfw=1
net.inet.ip.fw.enable=1
net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=1
net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_buckets=256
net.inet.ip.fw.curr_dyn_buckets=256
net.inet.ip.dummynet.hash_size=128

rc.conf

defaultrouter="206.xxx.xx.xx"
hostname="xxx.xxx.xxx"
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 206.xxx.xx.xx netmask 255.255.255.xxx media 100BaseTX
mediaopt full-duplex"
ifconfig_fxp1="media 100BaseTX mediaopt full-duplex"
sshd_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"
snmpd_enable="YES"

apache_enable="YES"
mysql_enable="YES"
inetd_enable="YES"
sendmail_enable="NO"

Kernel Options Enabled

options         BRIDGE
options         DUMMYNET
options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         HZ=1000

If anyone can help me out that would be great. I am to the point that I am
considering using other none BSD based software for this. I would rather
get this one working, because I see alot of people using it and they seem
to like it alot.

Joe
Lead Wireless Tech
Prismnet LTD