Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:07:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp (Kazutaka YOKOTA)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Forward all spam to UCE@FTC.GOV

In reply:

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Well, you seem to believe FreeBSD systems exist only in US....
> >
> >actually i don't...  and i agree that it should be an option.
> >something that is already set up, and can be turned on with either a
> >switch or by uncommenting something.
>
> So long as it is kept as an option, it's OK (although I am not 100%
> convinced that dumping every single spam mail to the authority is a
> good strategy...)

it's what they asked for.  really.  their intent is clear.  gathering
evidence for use to obtain effective laws.

i realize they probably don't have the staffing to handle each one,
and i'm sure they realize that too, the intent is clear.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or