Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:21:44 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X11 and virtual consoles....

Hello,

[hadn't worn my newbie hat lately... so I thought I'd try it on.]

Is there a way to run X via startx and prevent someone from switching
back to the console that started it and pressing Ctrl-C, without using
DontVTSwitch in my xorg.conf file?

I would like to be able to use multiple virtual consoles.  But do not
like the idea of someone switching back to *my* virtual console...
killing X and having my account available to them.  This way I could
lock my session via xscreensaver, and walk away.  Then someone else
could login and use the machine... just not *my* account.

I had envisioned something like a script that did the following:
   #!/bin/sh
   startx &
   vlock

Yet vlock does not like this at all.  I was hoping to background
startx... and then lock the virtual console. :)

Is there anything that might accomplish something similar?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Eric