Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 07:32:26 -0600
From:      Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote printing

Danny,

   Thanks for your response.  I have a Compaq Deskpro 2000 at work that I recently
installed FreeBSD on.  Just about all of the printers we have at work are HP
LaserJets with Jet Direct cards in them.  I was just trying to get my FreeBSD
machine to print remotely to an HP 4000 just outside my cubicle.  I have already
received a response from someone else who also recommends using apsfilter.  I'll
try this tomorrow.  Is apsfilter hard to configure?  I know on some distros of
Linux, remote printing is one of the easiest things to set up.  You just insert
the IP address in the remost host name field and you're done.

Joe