Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:39:15 +0100
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: 5.4R TODO

hello,

i was just about to post some comments on chapter 23.11.3 when i noticed
this thread on freebsd-doc@freebsd.org.

besides what hiroki mentioned i've noticed this:

23.11.3.1 - ntpdate is obsolete and "ntpd -q" should be used instead -
and ntpd does not necessary changes the clock gradually - actually it
sets (steps) time when above the treshold.

23.11.3.3 - i added "restrict default ignore" into my ntp.conf but this
effectively cut off my own machine from being able to synchronise
against time servers which is not what i wanted -- this should be
cleared up imho.

regards,

martin