Date:      Mon, 17 May 2004 10:33:05 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Up-to-date INDEXes may now be downloaded from www.freebsd.org

On Sun, 16 May 2004 18:49:25 -0700
Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> Up-to-date INDEX files may now be downloaded from the following
> locations:
>
> 4.x:
>   http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX
>
> 5.x:
>   http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX-5

Hurray !
This will save about 40 minutes on my building machine.

> These are updated once an hour upon the successful completion of the
> INDEX tinderbox builds.  They are built for the top of the RELENG_4
> and HEAD branches, but will mostly be suitable for other supported
> releases as well.
>
> Now that this service is in place, INDEX files will probably only be
> updated in the CVS repository for release builds.

Could you explain this ? I think my English plays me a trick and I don't
understand what this mean. If I cvsup do I get the last good INDEX /
INDEX-5 ? Or it's the opposite ?

BTW, is there any reason for which new things like pointyhat.freebsd.org
are not introduced to the "large public" ?

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"