Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:11:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Microsoft

--- Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com> wrote:
[snipped for brevity]
> One small thing further.  From what I read in the rags, which I don't
> read
> very much, there are some rumbling that CIO's are becoming fed up
> with M$'s
> bully boy tactics.
 Yes, but the evidence is anecdotal and resistance at Fortune 100 is
spotty. All those CIOs ask not to be named when it comes to big Co's.
Keep in mind that an Armada of lawyers is waiting for the outcome of
DOJ case, plus AG of CT and IA are standing by with a big class action
crowd on the States level comparable with tobacco rip-off. if there is
a money to be split, it will be split. That's why I always maintaned
that it's not gonna be me or you who keeps pathetic attempts to educate
public=CIOs, it's gonna be lawyers who'll trim down our friends from
Redmond lead by Mr Gates and Dr Ballmer :) I don't imply that education
is bad, just keep in mind that there is no big difference between
institutions be their name IBM, MSFT, SUN ... anybody remembers how
Apple behaved when its installed base was much bigger in past? Anything
that gets institutionalised outlives its purpose, the question is
when... Few are able to truly reinvent themselves, the rest is stuck in
[comfortable] death process slowly spreading their deseases.