Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2019 09:24:04 -0600
From:      Sergey Manucharian <sm@ara-ler.com>
To:        Denis Polygalov <dpolyg@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE and 11.2-RELEASE images fail to boot on BeagleBone Black

Excerpts from Denis Polygalov's message from Sat 13-Jul-19 23:50:
> Having not much luck booting FreeBSD on ROCK64 I decide
> to give a try to (seems to be) well supported
> BeagleBone Black using official image:

It looks that it tries to mount the eMMC partition mmcsd0s2 instead of
the actual one from the SD card mmcsd1s2.

As far as I remember I wasn't able to boot 11.x when it was the main
line, and switched to the unreleased (that time) 12 right away.

However, I believe, it can boot if the image is copied to eMMC, or at
least, the second partition, although it's not a trivial thing to do.

Another way is to modify the image itself to mount mmcsd1s2 as root.

-S.