Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:11:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Saxon <saxonww@ufl.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Patrik Sundberg <ps@radiac.mine.nu>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATA timeout errors

Well, while this isn't a problem that causes panics or makes people unable
to use their machines, I think maybe the removal of the older wd driver
ought to be held off until the ata driver provides all the features wdc
does don't you think? I guess the philosophy here is that there shouldn't
be driver redundancy in a -RELEASE or something?

I will continue to use ata because my drives work (albeit in PIO mode
apparently) and I don't play audio off the cdrom. Some people will
probably hold off on upgrading to 4.0 because of this, and I don't know if
anyone important cares about that but imho it kind of looks bad.

Just a thought. Again, my box works, just not as advertised :). Could very
well be user error, I just don't know.

-will