Date:      23 Nov 1999 04:50:40 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: This compiles under 2.2 but not 3.3

Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com> writes:

> I have a small program, the sum total of the source code is:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <machine/cpufunc.h>
>
> void main()
>    {
>    char value;
>
>    value = inb (0x180);
>    }
>
> This compiles fine under 2.2.2 but blows up with syntax errors in
> cpufunc.h under 3.3, the first of which is:
>
> /usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h:155: parse error before `inbc'

One of the first error lines notes:

	/usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h:157: `u_char' undeclared

Including <unistd.h> before <machine/cpufunc.h> solves this problem, and
it all compiles like a charm :)

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]