Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:46:15 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Cc:        bruno@freebsd.org, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

--------------enig14CAB483601D5900E6CEBABC

JoaoBR schrieb:
> On Saturday 28 July 2007 07:10:21 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>  =20
>> JoaoBR schrieb:
>>    =20
>>> On Saturday 28 July 2007 04:21:39 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>>>      =20

>>> seems to be the same
>>>
>>> but I have better news and seems my first idea was right, the MB is i=
>>>
>>> I found a tech info on the manufactor's support site telling cpu supp=
ort
>>> up to 4600+ and found a bios for newer cpus including my 5000+
>>>
>>> so I upgraded the bios and my CPU now works with smp + cpufreq + powe=
rd
>>> on both amd64 and i386
>>>      =20
>> Good to hear. Unfortunately my Mobo's BIOS is already up-to-date, the
>> CPU is officially supported and Cool'n'Quiet works dandy in Windows XP=

>> ... =3D/
>>    =20
>
> my ok msg was too fast, after some time my video starts flickering and =
stays=20
> so and the PC is freezed up, disabling powerd and works stable
>  =20
Meanwhile I found a workaround for my system: I had SCHED_ULE configured
in my kernel - switching to SCHED_4BSD gets rid of the freezes. Should
have thought of that sooner, ISTR having problems with powerd and
SCHED_ULE even on single cpu P4s.

Cheers,
--=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org