Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 19:05:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        "Andrew A.Karjagin" <Andrew.Karjagin@tdis.gctc.rssi.ru>
Cc:        ISP FreeBSD <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FTP CHROOT

--------------D7B8AF7C650BA3C67CC8B960

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Andrew A.Karjagin wrote:

> I want to config FTP access of my users to there Home directory's only
> and I try to do it by using /etc/ftpchroot file. It work but they can't
> see anything at his homedirs if they worked with file manager such as
> FAR or another file manager with FTP client module.
> How can I do it succesfully?

man ftpd

"If compiled with the INTERNAL_LS option, ftpd will have internal support
for handling remote requests to list files, and will not execute /bin/ls
in either a chrooted or non-chrooted environment.  In this case, the
~/bin/ls executable need not be placed into the chrooted tree, nor need
the ~/bin directory exist.  This support may be added by making ftpd with
the FTPD_INTERNAL_LS variable set either in /etc/make.conf or in the
shell's environment."

--

 :{ andyf@speednet.com.au

        Andy Farkas