Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:45:56 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Slawson <robert.slawson@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Marvel Yukon using the sk driver

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 10:13:42AM -0500, Robert Slawson wrote:
 > Greetings,
 >
 > I have a marvel yukon pci gigabit ethernet card. For some reason,
 > after a period of time it will not transmit unless I make it transmit
 > by pinging via the console. It is very annoying as I cannot ssh into
 > the machine until I "wake up" the card by telling it to ping something.

Did sk(4) spew some messages such as "watchdog timeout"?
After the "wake up" sk(4) works without further intervention?

 > I am using 6.2 stable and just yesterday rebuilt the kernel and world
 > hoping this would fix the problem. But nothing seems to help.
 >
 > I think the card needs to use the msk driver , which is installed,
 > but the card keeps using the sk driver. Is there a way to have
 > freebsd re identify the card correctly and use the proper driver?

sk(4) is for SysKonnect SK-984X/SK-982X and Marvell Yukon controllers.
msk(4) just supports newer Marvell Yukon II based controllers so your
NIC would be old Yukon based one. Would you show me the output of
"pciconf -lcv"?

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon