Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:40:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Gill <gill@topsecret.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apachectl and the -f switch

Hi,

I can start apache with no problems by running
/usr/local/sbin/apache -f /path/to/my/apache.conf
by hand or in rc.local

but since the newest fad is to utilize this rc.d business, i find there is
already an apache.sh there:
#!/bin/sh
[ -d /usr/local/pgsql/lib ] && /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/pgsql/lib
[ -x /usr/local/sbin/apachectl ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start
# > /dev/null && echo -n ' apache'

Now I can't figure out how to pass a -f paramater to apachectl to tell the
little bugger which .conf file to readin.

What is suggested here?  edit apache.sh to start '/usr/local/sbin/apache
-f...' or skip the whole .../rc.d/apache.sh idea altogether?

What is that /usr/local/pgsql/lib starting up with it?  I am assuming it
is some part of apache/php3 that wants (needs?) to wake up with apache?

TIA,
--gill