Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:54:30 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Heiko Wundram (Beenic)" <wundram@beenic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports patches? Where should I send them to?

On 2007-08-14 16:26, "Heiko Wundram (Beenic)" <wundram@beenic.net> wrote:
> I started hacking away at Python 2.5.1 in the ports distribution to implement
> HCI bluetooth socket handling for FreeBSD. As I've had my fair share of
> experience with the Python patching process, I'd rather see this patch go
> into the ports tree than to directly post it to upstream.
>
> Is there some place to send patches like this to to get to the package
> maintainer?

Try opening a "problem report" and include the patches as attachments.

The process of submitting problem ports and a useful mini-guide about
what is good to include, how to write one, and other useful details can
be found here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/

Happy hacking,
Giorgos