Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 96 07:10:23 PST
From:      "Brett Glass" <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Artisoft AE-3 Ethernet card: How to use large buffer?

> Ur, I don't think you copy.  The 640-1024 physical address range is never
> used by the kernel, and is reserved solely for access to peripherals.

I'm still not 100% familiar with the way FreeBSD maps RAM. There are a lot
of issues that are not covered in any of the docs; there's a "culture" --
or maybe an "oral tradition" -- behind them that can be tough to get a
handle on.

I'm still looking for a history of the effort, along with more information
on the Berkeley "license" vs the GPL.

--Brett