Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:48:11 -0600
From:      Karl Friesen <krf@splip.com>
To:        jarrod@netleader.com.au
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: nagios-3.0.6

Hello,

I just to report that nagios-3.0.6 when build with the EMBEDDED_PERL
option dies with a segmentation fault when perl-5.8.9 is installed.  It
runs fine when run from the command line with the -v or -s options (to
check the configs), but dies when one attempts to run "for real" in the
foreground or as a daemon.

I built a version with debugging symbols and ran it under gdb and it
said that there nagios received a segmentation fault from perl.  There
was something in there about the perl taint check as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't save the exact message that I saw.  The software
is in use on a production machine.  If you really need the exact
message, I can take the machine out of service to reproduce the error,
but I don't want to if I don't have to.

I saw one other report of this problem on the net

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/59163

Sorry for the sketchy report,

--karl