Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 16:14:17 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        ddw@NSMA.Arizona.EDU
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 36GB SCSI drives...

>OK, I've been working on various incarnations of this problem for a week
>now...  I have another day or two and then I'm gonna have to go back to
>NT...  Sigh...  [Help me, PLEASE...!]

NO, anything but that!

I hope you won't feel insulted if I ask if you've made extra certain
that you don't have 2 devices using the same scsi address.  Not just
by looking at the switch or jumper settings, but reading through the
boot messages to make sure they're all registering differently.  Maybe
even try disconnecting power from the ones not currently being used to
see if that gets you through disklabel.

And double-check termination and cabling distance rules.

(Somehow this doesn't sound like the sort of thing NT is going to solve.)

-Mitch