Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:34:01 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp

larry_nilsen wrote:

> hi i hope this message occupys one of you.
> here it is.
> 1) still not connected i think i might be "close"
> Circle #ppp
> Working in interactive mode
> using interface:tun0
> pppON Circle>load
> pppON Circle>dial
> Dial attempt 1 of 1
> dial OK!
> login OK!
> ppp ON Circle> packet mode
> ppp ON Circle>
> ppp ON Circle>[]   <--- what do i type here? this is
> the best results ive seen so far just dont know what to
> do next to dial my modem.?
>
> here is my /var/log/ppp.log message if this "helps"
> Dec 21 18:49:51 Circle ppp[346] tun0:LCP
> Lcp Send Config Req
> ACF COMP[2]
> ACCMAP[6]0x00000000
> MRU[4] 1500
> MAGIC NUM [6] 0x77865183
>
> im a newbie so this is "GREEK" to me i hope this helps
>
> Heres my ppp.conf that i have so far feel free to let me
> know if i should add or take out....my ISP is eee.org so
> i believe they use the PaPorCHAP...
>
> default:
>   set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier LCP IPCP CCP etc.....
>   set device /dev/cuaa0
>   set speed 38400
>   set ifaddr 0 0
>   set timeout 120
>   deny lqr
> #set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\ etc...etc....
>
> PAPorCHAPpmdemand:
>   set phone xxxxxxxx
>   set authname xxxxxxxx
>   set authkey xxxxxx
>   set login
>   set timeout 120
>   set openmode active
>   accept chap
>   set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 etc..
>   delete ALL
>   add 00 HISADDR
        ^^
   Is this just a typo in your e-mail?. Should be

  ``add 0 0 HISADDR''

Also have you added those 2 lines to /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup, with the
label?:

PAPorCHAPpmdemand:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

You can always try typing them at the ``ppp ON Circle>'' prompt.

HTH

>        this is it i hope this information can help us put
> this FreeBSD 2.2.7 box on the internet.. ThankYou.
> P.S. i used etc.. on the long stuff to prevent my lines
> from wrapping.

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com