Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 16:35:44 +0100
From:      "David Hedley" <david@inty.net>
To:        <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ELSA card hanging..

We're looking to switch away from using AVM Fritz cards to ELSA QuickStep
cards due to the newly released, currently incompatible, AVM card. However,
we are experiencing lockups on warm boot when the ISDN cable is connected to
the ELSA cards. The symptoms are as follows:

Cold boot (i.e. power on or after reset button): no problems
Warm boot before card has been used: no problems
Warm boot after card has been used: locks up

The system always locks just before the 'IP packet filtering initialized'
part (i.e. after all the devices have been attached), although I can still
Ctrl-Alt-Delete to reboot it, so it can't be totally wedged.

I assume there's something on the card that isn't quite being reset
properly?

I seem to recall this being discussed a while back on this list, but the
relevant mails have disappeared from my local store.

Is there an archive of this mailing list?
Is there a fix for this issue?

(We are currently using 0.90.00 as we're stuck with FreeBSD 3.x for the
moment)

Best wishes,

David
--
Dr David Hedley, Head of Development
Intelligent Network Technology Ltd, Bristol, UK

This email has been virus scanned using Sophos Anti-Virus by intY (www.inty.net)