Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:57:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc

In message <199902281707.BAA63212@spinner.netplex.com.au> Peter Wemm writes:
: better cross-compile support.  (Note, the cross compile stuff doesn't work
: too happily with the existing bmake glue and hacks in the code.)

Yes.  That's one of the big reasons that I'd like to see a more modern
compiler.  I'd love to have the ability to cross compile the entire
world, and right now the main hold up is gcc.  I'll be happy to work
with whoever to make sure that this functionality works.  Would that
be you Peter?

Warner